Monday 26 January 2009

Run Superchilled, Run.

I have blisters on my feet. Walking is somewhat difficult especially if it's at all uphill as my calf muscles are rather tight. But I'm feeling great. Today I did my first race involving more than a little bit of running, 7.2km in total after a 900m swim. 

Not known to be a runner I have managed to surprise everyone (myself included) and managed a formidable race time. My dad cried as I ran over the finishing line, expecting me to be somewhere in the middle of the pack I expect, The Frenchman was at the coffee shop having a machiato as he thought I'd be quite a bit longer getting to the finish line. I'm not sure what my final position was yet - waiting for the online posting of that, but it seems there might be some heightened expectations for my next race...

4 comments:

K said...

Well done.

Darwin said...

Congrats... so it's the ironman competition next? ;-)

Superchilled said...

Ky, Martin: Thanks. Ironman...? You never know... I do have access to an Olympic coach. But then, I do have a lot of things to keep me busy this year.

Speeding Bullett said...

Well done doc, very impressive!! So whats on the 'list to do' for 2009?