Monday 16 February 2009

Cover Up

Back in the mid 80's there was the perfect show for a young gay boy, and this TV show was called Cover Up. Its star Jon-Erik Hexum was of course the focus, and while there were loads of female models, I don't recall anyone else much in the show. He played an undercover agent disguised as a model while on assignment with the (female) photographer. I think I cried for weeks when I learned he died after a tragic accident on set, and with just one series completed. Ah, only the good die young! Whenever I hear the theme (Bonnie Tyler's Holding out for a Hero - it takes me back.)

For those of you old enough to remember it, here follows the opening credits. You'll have to edit out the 80's hair, but it still brings back fond memories...

1 min 12 sec

Does anyone have similarly memorable TV series?

4 comments:

a.nother said...

I was 7 or 8 at the time and I remember my mother developing some kind of mild depression on hearing the news (lasted for about an hour, so about 57 minutes longer than mourning a soap-opera character - that's something).

Anonymous said...

In the early 90’s I had a life ending crush on David Oliver in A Year In The Life, don’t know if you got it on TV down under, but I was sadden to learn that he died of AIDS in 1992, and was gay. Have had a thing for Blond uptight guys since then (yes you Sean). Can’t get it at all on Amazon, perhaps to obscure but will always be stoked for him.

Gabriel said...

oh my god he was so hot. i had such a major crush on him. and i wasn't even a teenager then....

Anonymous said...

me too.
I was only recently trying to describe this show to someone, only to be faced with blank stares.
Very very yummy.
That guy in Blue Lagoon was hot too.
what was his name?

thanks for the memories.

Peter