Tuesday 19 February 2008

Mardi Gras Film Festival Reviews # 2

It was a two-film night Monday, and French was the tongue. First up was "King Size" exploring the impact of a newly developing three man relationship in a musical film! I must say when I found out it was a musical I wondered if I should leave then and there... but it turned out to be quite fun, and a very interesting (and enjoyable) approach to the subject material!

Following on its heels was the drama "the man of my life" set in countryside France in the summer as an extended family gather and invite the gay neighbour into the mix with powerful results. The cinematography is beautiful and the emotion raw. Loads of material here to digest, but one that does make you think, with truckloads of stunning images along the way. Recommended

No comments: