The Good things about weddings:
- You get to meet people you haven't seen in ages.
- Seeing a couple in love making a commitment to each other.
The Bad things about weddings:
- You get stuck with people you haven't seen in ages, for ages.
- Sermons about "A man and a woman".
- Hours and hours and hours indoors when it's a fab day outside and you want to go swimming.
- When people suggest that you get married too.
- Catch a garter? Oh puhleeease.
- Terrible DJ's and songs that only grandma, in her wheelchair, wants to dance to.
- Speeches by people who started drinking way too many hours ago.
- Having to go resuscitate the father of the groom or similar (this one happened to me today).
- Wedding gift registries.
- Gay guys can't officially get married here in Australia. Or is that a good thing?
Today's wedding was great though - even though I did have to work a little. There was no ceremony (that was something they sorted out earlier) it was informal - an afternoon tea, there were kids out & about having fun and no-one minded, and I got chat with people I really wanted to chat to. I missed the speeches while I was doing my thing. And I did manage to go swimming afterwards -Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool is OPEN!!
I'd say bring on summer but at 35 C (95F) today, it's already here!!