Monday 19 March 2007

Stanwell Park Ocean Swim

The Coalcliff to Stanwell Park ocean swim was on this weekend - most of the world doesn't know where that is but it's on my doorstep, and so at 10am on this overcast Sunday the Frenchman and myself headed out into the wild blue with 276 others hot on our heels for the next 2.3km... I let 11 or 12 slip through but managed a respectable finish in front of a home crowd. We hung about home the rest of the day and here is a pic from a later walk back to the beach with Craig. I love rust, throw it together with the ocean and I will photograph for hours... makes for tricky showering here in Coalcliff after a swim though.
(Sorry there are no pics of the actual swim - I was in competition mode - but it essentially goes from the far left to far right of this photo)

No comments: