Wednesday 23 April 2008

superchilled heads to Hobart

And today I'm asking you for information about Hobart. It's the place to be this weekend, and I just want to make sure you all know that. If you don't know where it is, click here. This is where we're going for the long weekend. If you don't know where it is I'm guessing you won't be able to suggest things to do, see or places to go. It's ANZAC Day in Oz on Friday, a public holiday, and while I'm working for part of the day the rest will be in or finding my way to Hobart. We have accommodation booked - which looks rather spectaculent, and given the weather is looking pretty awful I expect it is just as well it's nice. Normally we don't spend much time indoors, but wind rain and 14C tops says otherwise this weekend - though I'm willing to go swimming of course somewhere - is there anywhere good to swim in Hobart? I'm guessing heated indoors?

Dinner Saturday is booked - SMOLT. I haven't researched it but am told it's a good if not great restaurant - so we're going and I am going to go in blind. I hope what I'm wearing for that blind event is appropriate. But I'm guessing it's going to be a LOT OF CLOTHES or I'll freeze my arse off. Of course, swimming mostly naked in a pool is a completely different story.

So that's the weekend as it stands, a morning flight, a hotel, a dinner, oh and I forgot about our chauffeur. A friend who took up our invitation to join us for the weekend - he's arriving early and will pick us up, regal style, at the airport. Gotta like that. Oh and there might be a guest visit from Launceston.

Anyone have more hot tips for superchilled in Hobart?

4 comments:

Peter said...

Is Lynnette coming too?

Anonymous said...

Markets Salamanca Place if their on, Ball and Chain restaurant/Steak House type place (if it still exists its been a while, and it was awesome then, now?) also at Salamanca Pl

Superchilled said...

peter: that would be telling

anon: thanks - I've heard the markets are good - is it an all weekend thing or just one day? Ball & Chain huh? I'm taking him with me ;-)

Sh@ney said...

My parents & friends did two weeks in Tassie, but I would not recommend the pace of 4x 60 yr olds...hehe
They loved it though!
I am heading to Sydney on May 9 for the weekend with my psrtner. it will be my first trip to Sydney & first trip on a plane...I am too thrilled and terrified for words...lol
Have a wonderful weekend down there...It could be chilly! xox