Tuesday 30 October 2007

Interview Panel 1


In this new Q&A session I'll be asking a handful of bloggers a specific question and then posting their answers (and mine) together here. Comments with your own responses are encouraged. I'm expecting quite a variety in the results and I'm curious to see where it takes us... In this first one, quite literally...

If you were funded to live in any place you chose for 6-12 months – where would it be?

Aussielicious:
I'm going to say New York. The creative energy there
is amazing and it would be great to try and learn from
it while not struggling to survive.

Anywhere warm and sophisticated, as long as I've got my friends (and boyfriends) with me, access to a good wine cellar, and a super-fast internet connection :-). For 6 months a nice villa in Tuscany would work over spring and summer, for 12 months perhaps something like Thailand might be preferable.

I'd still like to live in London, but not work and just do the things I enjoy.

I would love to live in Paris for a year. I think it is a very romantic city, a true "european" captial full of art, fashion and interesting people. I'm a very romantic person and I would love to spend a year walking in the streets of Paris and getting lost in its many neighbourhoods.

Superchilled:
Antibes in the south of France. I could finally learn French properly. A selection of great swimming pools and the mediterranean will keep me sane. I can escape to the mountains, eat fine food, pop up to Cannes for the film festival, and have short breaks in any European location at a moment's notice.

The Green Light at the end of the Dock:
India – Professional curiosity surrounding their poverty and level of development as a 3rd World Country, as well as a love for the beauty of their rural areas.


Where would you live?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to live for 6 months in Australia, its a part of the world I've never been. As I do like to travel, but haven't done for quite some time, it would make a nice change of scenery. The other six months... the US of A.

S said...

I'd like to live in Toronto, but have my place paid, not worry about rent/a mortgage. The rest of the time, I'd travel.

Does that count, or am I cheating?

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

Venice, Italy. To learn the language and immerse myself in the culture !

Sue said...

Thailand or Vietnam, but on a coastline or river. I have long wanted to visit both places to experience the people, culture and food, visit religious temples, and swim on the beaches.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to go to Antarctica because it's the only place I can't imagine living in. I suppose I'd have to choose the six months carefully so I could at least go outside and look at a penguin on ice sheet every once in a while...