Friday 21 March 2008

Qantas Club Friday

I'm in the Qantas Club lounge in Sydney as I type. The rest of my hospital night was fine apart from being called to see someone just minutes before I was due to leave - and subsequently made me late... We arrived minutes after the cutoff for our flight luggage check in (we often travel carry on only - but not this time with all our camping gear) so are booked on the next flight - which really isn't too long after our planned flight. It also meant I had time to retrieve my phone which had fallen out of my pocket in the car, and to have breakfast here at the Qantas club - the bircher muesli is really really good. I've read the paper, and I actually now feel more in holiday mode. Nice to have an enforced rest - although I guess there'll be as much of that on the flight too... but hey - no complaints here.

It's drizzly and cool here in Sydney - over in the west it promises to be 30+C. We'll be meeting up with The Frenchman's family (5 in all, including our nephew) who are similarly flying in from France to our destination, where we'll travel together for Easter and leave them to continue exploring as we return to work. We'll then be out and about at various points over the next few weeks. It promises to be a busy and fun time - with work also expected to be a bit demanding also in the next week or so.

The Frenchman thinks this end of the Qantas club is the gay end. I think every end is... But I'm just here for the muesli, the paper, and the food.

No comments: