Monday 3 March 2008

Out with the Old. In with the New

I guess I'm not a history buff. I like things that are newer and better than before. Sometimes you have to look to history to see where things have worked and not worked before, but for the most part - onwards and upwards I say. I guess this shows a little in the wild wednesdays I post here which are a challenge to do things a little differently and step outside one's comfort zone. Because only when we are challenged do we really grow. Change for change's sake is somewhat ignorant, but there are almost always things we can do to make our future brighter, more richly rewarding and more fun, and that's when change is good.

This year's Mardi Gras has taught me that while the past is to be respected, it's not a blueprint for me to follow. Life is what I make of it, and there is no well trodden path ahead of me that I want to take. But there are people around me who I want to take with me, to explore new paths and find the beauty in the future that is ahead.

I'm looking forward to the new.

1 comment:

Darwin said...

Keeping with the theme of new - love the new graphic...