Saturday 19 July 2008

18|X : Things I'd do differently if I were 18 again


I'd actually seduce my university crush (god there were so many opportunities!) rather than find out later he was gay too.

I'd go out with friends to clubs & bars & things even though I didn't (and still don't really) drink. When I recall the Scandinavians who asked me to join them... and I didn't... what was I thinking?

I'd come out earlier - and hopefully avoid hurting all the people who were in love with me, with me oblivious to it all.

I'd do some more serious swim training early and get ahead of the pack then rather than working my way there now.


I'd have asked my religious leaders some more serious questions and voted with my feet a lot earlier.

In my summer breaks I'd find a way to work with advertising campaigns like the A|X one above, rather than working as a salesman at Grace Bros. (department store). 

I'd not care what people think about me as much as I did. 

I'd have read more widely, and studied more than just medicine.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Hmm... so do it now! :D

It's easy to say, I know! Oh well, we wouldn't know what happened until we tried. But sometimes, we're just not ready to try.

Anyway, at least we grow, and still learning and growing...