Sunday 12 August 2007

all at once

I'm not one for free advertising, but this image has a number of reasons for being here today.
1. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, enough said.
2. This is in fact my 'signature fragrance' which to me really means it is the only scent I have reliably liked for a long time - first brought to my attention by a very cute scandinavian friend who used to wear it... I liked it (and him) - and have ever since worn it. I have tried to broaden my senses, with no other fragrance able to usurp good old Hugo, and now I have one of these bottles in the sports bag that goes everywhere with me and one that stays at home.
3. There is so much going on in this image, it's kinda like what's happening in my head most of the time, so many things, and at such a pace that the day has too little time in it to make it all happen, but I do try - which is one of the reasons for the time of this, and most of my blog posts...
4. Jonathan Rhys Meyers, did I say that already? well, with good reason.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a signature cologne. I keep flip-flopping from brand to brand. My current favourite: cheap Body Shop of a man. But I tell people it's Isey Miyaki.

Christiaan Kidd said...

My favouritest scent is Chanel's L'egoiste Platinum.

I first found it an Brussels airport and it was like a religious experience. It has stuck with me through thick and thin, even though Bulgari's Aqua and Laura Biaggiotti's Roma also come a close second and third.

The first guy I ever fell hard for, used to wear Calvin Klein's Obsession for men. It is a powerful and distinctive aroma. Whenever I smell it on someone these days, I am instantly taken back to his bedroom and to the places we spent time togther at... smell is one of the strong senses for me.

When you hit on the smell that is right for you, it does become part of your being! JRM is also pretty cute too.... impossible cheek bones and those lips... you could lick them and stick him to a wall. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm a citrus fanatic, I love anything made with lemon or lime... but as a scent I go for L'Occitane Verbena or Verveine as they say in France.

It reminds me of Australian Lemon which is made of chopped leaves.

Sh@ney said...

It is a great image!

Darwin said...

That man is all sorts of perfect...

I'm also a signature scent person - I have been using Aramis Havanah for years with only a small break when it was not available in SA. I try new scents every now and then but always go back.

Philip said...

I guess I'm not gay enough, or perhaps I'm more gay than you all, because I've always thought that the best scent on a man is the one that he produces himself. And no, I'm not talking about an amateur perfumier.

Superchilled said...

A man's natural scent can be quite intoxicating indeed Philip, but not always in a good way. Some of the sexiest men I've met though have a mesmerising combination of their own scent and that of an added fragrance. But less is more,and if you can smell the cologne before you can see the man, then it is just too much.

Jessica said...

Comment on #2: I found my 'signature fragrance' through a camp counselor I was in love with.

Wow... It's been 7 years that I've been using that perfume...

In hindsight, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a lesbian.