Wednesday 9 May 2007

Superchilled Byron

We’re just back from Byron Bay, and I’m having trouble putting into words the great time I had there. I think decadent seems to fit well. The things I love were plentiful, swimming, cute and interesting men, relaxed times chilling out with new and well known faces, and awesome weather. I wasn’t sure it would turn out this way – you see, our regular trip up for the last ocean swim race in our calendar with a few friends who mostly also swim, was heavily modified this year with the addition of a complete crew for a 40th birthday event (the birthday boy and most of the partiers not known to us). So we were dispersed amongst 4 or more houses, the main one on the beach the hub for most activities (the photo above is from inside it). Keen as I am to meet and get to know new people, it was daunting at times, but made easier with various games and interactions that happened along the way. A logistical nightmare at times, it seemed to flow reasonably fluidly and at the end now looking back, I had such a good time I’d do it again tomorrow, and the next day, and…

Here are some photos from race day, including most of our swim 'team'.

Not the official party but his actual birthday.
(click on photos for larger versions)

Just a taste of Byron...

Hungry for more?

(update: links for the above pictures now work)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when unexpected things turn out so good!

Welcome home BTW, and of course we're hungry for more...

brenton said...

Welcome back!.. so where are the photos from Kings? ;)

Monty said...

Definitely hungry for more of the swim team! ;-) Welcome back guys!

Superchilled said...

Thanks guys. Nice to be home, nicer to be away though!! Will have more photos online later this evening I expect when I get the chance to sort through them (and fix some computer glitches).

Brechi said...

Wow I seem to have stumbled onto the Australia blogs :) how exciting...Sydney was one of the best places I ever lived :)

Superchilled said...

Well Brechi, welcome back to Oz. (even if it is only virtually) Hope there's still something here for you.

GeoffnTerry said...

Hey Trev

I can't seem to enlarge the swim team pics like I can with all of the others...any suggestions?
G

Superchilled said...

Thanks for pointing that out Geoff - not sure why the pictures didn't work but have hopefully now fixed those links. Enjoy!

GeoffnTerry said...

Thanks Trev, all fixed now!

G