Thursday 19 April 2007

New things come in THREE

The Frenchman starts a new job with '3' the telecommunications people next week. He's been home for a while now on an extended break, but with the summer gone and the bank balance dwindling it was time to get back into the workforce. He's very keen to get into it, and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with him waking ahead of me while I stay in the warm bed and he commutes the long distance to his new workplace... It has been nice to have him here at home when I get home in the evenings, and on my half days off during the week. He is going to be home later now, and I guess I'll resume chief cheffing and shopping duties again too. We have already booked someone to start as our cleaner, a luxury that we have been contemplating for some years now. But in this time our perspectives on things have changed and our free time has become more valuable. Our goals are more flexible now, and our skepticism of the corporate world has increased. (see this earlier post) Who knows what the future will bring, but I think we have built in little more resilience and more openness to significant change.

No comments: