Saturday 21 April 2007

You know you're gay when...




All the other guys are talking about the female leads in the movies, but you only recall going weak at the knees about the blokes...

I recall as a young teenager going to see Coolangatta Gold (in the cinema at Coolangatta no less) and The Man from Snowy River, quite specifically (both Australian movies). I remember being totally captivated by them. I wanted to be (or be with) Joss McWilliam - the cute brother in The Coolangatta Gold. The scene in the queenslander house in the banana plantation with the rain on the tin roof and semi clad athletes, is etched into my memory. As is the scene in Snowy River where Tom Burlinson is on top of the hill with the horse (also in the rain) and has these amazing quivering lips. (Sigrid Thornton may well have been there too, but you'll have to ask my brother.)
Does anyone else have any particularly memorable childhood 'telling moments' in film?

3 comments:

GeoffnTerry said...

I believe that Terry saw 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' 12+ times and it wasn't for the story line
G

Monty said...

This is very embarassing, but Grease 2 (has anyone else ever seen it...I don't think so)...the lead male character was a Englishman named Maxwell Caulfield. In the movie, he was Sandy's cousin and fell in love with Michelle Pfieffer's Pink-Lady character. I was totally captivated by him! Luscious lips that I soooo wanted to kiss!

Superchilled said...

I have to add that I too was a big 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' fan, and I'm sure it wasn't just the adventure... Grease 2 - I saw it - but obviously not such a big imprint on me...